Following the announcement of Prime Minister Boris Johnson, the YCA have decided to move all activities online. Our programmes and support will be as follows from week beginning Monday 11th January 2021:
- Advice and Guidance with Abdul Hakeem: Please call the office to discuss your needs on 0121 525 3909 and to make an appointment. Additional colleagues have also been trained and are ready to help.
- Job Club: Please call the office on 0121 525 3909 to make an appointment for online or telephone support.
- The ICT course can be started/ completed at your own time by logging on or registering: https://bt.learnmyway.com.
When asked for the centre information please put NSEES Birmingham
- Language classes will be run online via Zoom. These classes include: Let’s Talk English, ESOL, IELTS and Club Convo. All current students will receive joining instructions for online lessons.
- Women’s Wellbeing programme will be run online via Zoom. All current students will receive joining instructions for online lessons.
- NEW Men’s Wellbeing programme will be run online via Zoom. To join please see registration details below.
- Maths and English sessions for current students enrolled will be run online via Zoom. Educational resources can be found here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize. All current students will receive joining instructions for online lessons.
- Appointments for the Listening Line for brothers/sisters can be made by calling the office. Arabic and English available.
- Arabic School and Tahfeedh classes will be run online via Zoom. All current students will receive joining instructions for online lessons.
- YCA Cultural Centre will be temporarily closed for all congregational prayers from Wednesday 6th January 2021 until further notice. Visit https://www.yca-sandwell.org.uk/cultural-centre for more information.
To join any of our programmes you can register here: https://forms.gle/CHYFiV21HU7jbbqu8
Once you have registered please call 0121 525 3909 to inform the office so you can be sent all the information you need.
To join the Men’s Wellbeing group which will feature weekly workshops please email: Rohim@yca-sandwell.org.uk or call 0121 525 3909.
Our commitment to the community:
- We will monitor all calls and will be open to take calls for support, advice and guidance Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. If support beyond these hours is required, we will arrange appointments.
- The wellbeing and mental health of our community is vital to us. We will offer or refer members for counselling where required
- We will continue to run all programmes and adapt to ensure our community continues to benefit from our services and assistance
- If access to technology is required to support the participation in online learning, we will work with you to access this support.
- Our weekly reminders on Friday serve to offer the community positive reminders from a place of faith and community
Please see the full timetable below: