The YCA Cultural Centre (YCC) provides a dedicated space focusing on the needs of the diverse community and ensuring services are accessible to all.
Our aims are to meet the needs of the local community by promoting social cohesion, tolerance, education, spiritual and shared human values.
Provide Muslims and people of other faiths to learn and understand the true values of Islam, through dialogue, discussion and social interaction.
Contribute to the betterment of the social, cultural, spiritual and economic enhancement of the whole community through our activities and services.
Our activities are delivered in a welcoming environment in a contemporary building with WiFi access, a PA system with sound coverage throughout the building, an air conditioning system and the premises is fully accessible for people with disabilities.
Our activities include:
- Educational Quranic classes
- Study circles
- Lectures/talks by invited speakers
- Friday Prayers Sermon in Arabic/English focusing on issues impacting on the local community
- Dedicated space for mothers and daughters educational/spiritual activities.
- Eid and Ramadhan activities
- Collaborating with local schools to deliver educational school visits.
- Counselling services
- Bereavement support services
- Planned future activities around marriage, conflict resolution and family support
- School Masjid Visits (presentation, Masjid tour and interactive workshop)
If you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact the YCA on 0121 525 3909 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org